returnInField doesn't work

Friedrich F. Grohmann shedrup at ms9.hinet.net
Mon Jun 27 12:18:09 EDT 2005

Ron,

     Thanks for telling me that you

> search Japanese (and Chinese) within a fld successfully. Can you post
>your script so maybe we can figure out what is not happening correctly?

I'm most happy to do this. The script itself is of utter simplicity:

on returnInField
     find the text of me in field id 1003
end returnInField

I cannot imagine what could be wrong with that since it works with Roman
text in other stacks. The font of the two fields involved is specified as
"Apple LiGothic Medium,Chinese", and it is possible to search text in
both of them via the message box. So what could be the problem with
returnInField?

Thanks in advance,
Fritz