returnInField doesn't work

Friedrich F. Grohmann shedrup at ms9.hinet.net
Mon Jun 27 00:38:05 EDT 2005

My setup is Rev 2.6 on a G4 notebook under Mac OS 10.3.2.

The problem: A very simple stack with one field containing text and
another field for search purposes. The text is Chinese and so is, of
course, the word typed into the search field. The script of the latter
uses a returnInField handler to locate  text. The same script works fine
in the case of Roman text but with the Chinese there is no reaction at
all. Nothing happens, nothing. Not even a beep when I added  "if me is
empty then beep" to the script.

It is possible to search the text field from the message box with the
find command but this doesn't solve the returnInField problem. Any
suggestions most welcome.

Fritz