Can Dreamcard access Runtimime standalone?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun Jun 26 21:34:45 EDT 2005

Dreamcard is designed to give Rev developers a way to distribute
stacks (which are small) to people who have the Dreamcard Player,
avoiding the necessity of distributing large stand-alone applications.

So the answer to your first question is that a standalone doesn't
require Dreamcard or anything else to run (that's why it's called a
standalone). A standalone cannot be edited in Dreamcard either. But
the stack(s) from which the standlone is created in Revolution can be
run in the Dreamcard Player and as far as I know there is no
restriction on access to custom properties in that case.

On Jun 26, 2005, at 11:37 AM, Douglas Westbrook wrote:

> I don't have Dreamcard. Can somebody who does have Dreamcard tell
> me if Dreamcard can access custom properties from a standalone
> created with Runtime Revolution and can  Dreamcard open a
> Revolution .rev file that is not a standalone?
> Thanks for any help.
> Doug

Dan Shafer, Revolution Consultant and Author
http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermedia.com/revolutionbooks.html