the := operator (affectation

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Thu Jun 23 13:17:49 EDT 2005

Here is an answer that everyone might like:

The "get x" construct is already a syntactic equivalent of "it=
x" (left assignment).
That could be expanded to the general form "it gets x".
Now we have a general xTalk flavored version using the new "gets"
keyword.
 From there just substitute any shortcut for "gets" like "gts" or "=".

There you have it.  Elegance, consistency, and brevity!

Dennis