Beachball of death

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Tue Jun 21 16:20:20 EDT 2005

>On Jun 12, 2005, at 3:39 PM, Jon wrote:
>

>>I would GUESS that one way to make this happen (to bowl the
>>beachball of death) is to have two handlers trigger each other in
>>turn.
>>

>Jon,
>
>even that can be stopped with CMD+PERIOD, it will abort the scripts.
>I am the master of infinite loops, always enter that loop dungeon
>when fiddling with new things in Rev.
>
>  Andre

Regarding scripting errors that ultimately require a force-quit -- in
fairly simple scripts, using ordinary, commonly-used commands,
controls, operators, properties, and so on: Is this a frequent event,
or uncommon? Are there lots of ways to do it, or just a few?

If it's common, and lots of ways to do it, it would be great if
someone would compile a list of the most common routes to the Deadly
Beachball, and how to avoid them.

If it's uncommon and hard to do... I must have some previously
unknown talent for it.

It seems all better now.

Tim