xy coordinate using slope statements?

Steve Bonham sbonham at georgiasouthern.edu
Mon Jun 20 11:56:57 EDT 2005

Alejandro, Mikey and other Revers,

Thanks for your input. The bezier stack certainly looks promising.
But I'm not sure I need it for this project. Although it WOULD be
useful for creating lakes, creeks, and sand bunker hazards!

All I really need is help with getting Rev to draw a trapezoid at 4
particular screen coordinates. The trouble is HOW to determine the
screen coordinates?

Can you check this illustration:
http://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/cet/SB/fairway.jpg

I need to identify the 4 coordinates (a,b,c,d) of a trapezoid to be
draw by Rev based on the coordinates of a line between two graphics
(tee and green). As the "green" is positioned randomly the angle can
be any angle between 1 and 360 degrees. If the mid-line of the
trapezoid was verticle (360 or 180) or horizontal (90 or 270) this
would be a piece of cake for me- BUT using cos, acos, sin, tan, etc.
is not part of my skill set and I *suspect* that that is what is
required here.

Any suggestions?

Thx,