Slide Show on OS X

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Mon Jun 13 21:12:32 EDT 2005

When we talk about how to use the keyboard in a dark room as a slide
show system and/or how to script these suckers, these alternate uses,
while correct in their detail, are not very useful to the poor user
trying to figure out how to make things work.

No reflection on you. I appreciate your making the point clearer. But
my point remains: Apple made an idiotic decision when it dedicated F
keys to system-level tasks in one release and then in the next
release essentially made the default behavior of those keys not only
different but completely unrelated.