Beachball of death

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Sun Jun 12 14:39:03 EDT 2005

Tim:

I would GUESS that one way to make this happen (to bowl the beachball of
death) is to have two handlers trigger each other in turn.

Suppose you have an object for which you have specified Geometry.  This
means that Rev will try to modify the size and/or location of the object
for you as the stack is resized.  If you then write your own On ReSize
handler, and accidentally modify the size/location of the object, I
wonder if Rev would "know" what you did, and try to "fix" it.

Now that I read what I've written, I doubt that this specific situation
could cause a repeated/recursive handler call, but perhaps something
like it.

One approach to debugging it would be to put breakpoints at the start of
every non-trivial handler, and see what happens.  When I say
non-trivial, I'm not so much talking about the complexity of the handler
as I am about the function, whether it might interfere with another
handler that is also present.

I hope this theoretical discussion does not turn out to be a waste of
your time.

:)

Jon