Beachball of death

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Jun 12 15:02:58 EDT 2005

Tim, as a veteran of trying to convert several old HC stacks, I can
tell you that only the most simple Hypercard stacks will run right
away without some amount of rewriting. Stuff that we had to kludge
and use XCMDs for are now built-in, and you'll want to utilize all
those new functions. And Revolution today is many times more
powerful, with the usual trappings that come with more power.

I usually end up saving time by rewriting all but the most complex
code. It's usually faster, smaller, and easier to debug.