Moving Stacks or the Mouse

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Thu Jun 9 08:27:11 EDT 2005

>Message: 6
>Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:30:12 -0700
>From: Roger Guay <irog at mac.com>
>Subject: Re: Moving Stacks or the Mouse
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
>Thom,
>
>Thank you for this suggestion.  First let me explain that I am
>building an animated tutorial and otherwise agree with you on the
>inadvisability of moving the mouse for the user.  However my tutorial
>I will require the "animation" of the mouse to occur over many
>different paths across open stacks.  How would I generate list of
>points for many paths that would result in a smooth animation of the
>mouse movement?
>
>You can see why I also thought of moving a tiny stack whose
>windowShape is a hand or pointer from the location of a point of one
>stack to the location of a point in another stack.  This I have done,
>but I still wonder if there isn't an easier way??
>
>Thanks and cheers, Roger
>
>Ps.  I'm sorry I dropped the Subject Heading last go-around.

Roger,

This isn't what you want but you might find it an alternative. You
would have to modify it to set the pointer to substacks--I think.

See Pointer Tool at:

http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/

Use control click to download.

This utility automates the process of establishing links between
words in the text and the associated point of reference. Passing the
mouse over the linked words show a hand pointing to the selected
object. I use it in my tutorials.

Jim