Slider values

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 05:37:50 EDT 2005

On 9 Jun 2005, at 08:06, briany at qldlearning.com wrote:

> 2) There appears to be an engine bug with the number of ticks
> displayed
> (at least on MacOS X). There is one too few. For example, for a slider
> with values from 0 to 100, pageInc = 10 and lineIncr = 0 (as
> described in
> this thread), it displays 10 ticks. There should be 11:
> 0,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100, My guess is that somewhere the
> engine is
> doing something like:
>
> numTicks = (maxValue - minValue)/(pageIncrement - lineIncrement)

Or could it be that the thumbSize value is taken into account as it
would be when working with scrollbars? (Or would it? My brain always
hurts when doing this kind of arithmetic.) I notice that the
thumbSize is always set to the pageInc value with sliders. I wondered
what would happen if the thumbSize was set to 0 and the pageInc to
10, but I couldn't set them independently. Perhaps this is the problem.

Dave