Incremental display of data

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Tue Jun 7 08:40:05 EDT 2005

Hi present & future Intel users...,

I am displaying text in a scrolling fld. Sometimes the text is several
thousand lines long. This is not too big a problem when the text is all
English, but when I convert to unicodetext and then htmltext, it takes
a very long time simply to display the result. It seems the solution is
to display only part of the text at once and then retrieve the rest as
the user scrolls.

Is there already a wheel invented for this? How does one account for
proportional scrollbars? live scrolling? Is there a better approach?

Thanks
Ron