Moving a Custom Shaped window

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Jun 6 20:38:22 EDT 2005

> What a snap it is to create a custom shaped window!  Really cool.
> But how do make it so the user can still drag the window around
> their desktop?  I can't seem to grab any part of it to move it.

Hi Zack,

Because the custom shaped window doesn't have the usual title bar
which effectively gives you window dragging for free, you need to
write your window drag routines. Put this set of handlers in the
stack or card script:

local sMousePos

on mouseDown
   put the mouseH & "," & the mouseV into sMousePos
end mouseDown

on mouseMove x,y
   if sMousePos is empty then exit mouseMove
   set the topLeft of this stack to (item 1 of the screenMouseLoc -
item 1 of sMousePos), \
     (item 2 of the screenMouseLoc - item 2 of sMousePos)
end mouseMove

on mouseUp
   put empty into sMousePos
end mouseUp

on mouseRelease
   mouseUp
end mouseRelease

And don't forget that you need to add a way for the user to close the
window as well:

on mouseDoubleUp
   close this stack
end mouseDoubleUp