Stack name vs file name indication

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Jun 6 20:28:16 EDT 2005

> If you have a stack named mystack, which is saved as the file
> mystack.rev in
> some directory, and you do a Save As mystack_bak.rev. Are you not now
> editing in the file mystack_bak.rev?
>
> What in the IDE lets you know that you are working with the stack
> mystack,
> but in the file mystack_bak.rev vs mystack.rev? Thanks!

Hi Jim,

the filename of stack "mystack" will give you the info you need.
Also of use is "delete stack whatever" which despite it's scary name,
actually only deletes the copy from memory, so you can reload the
working version. I have written scripts to do just what you are
doing, so if you need more help, just let me know and I'll dig them out.

Cheers,
Sarah