Uh-oh.... Anybody following WWDC?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Mon Jun 6 16:44:57 EDT 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 4:26 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Since 'Switching' to PC's in 96 when Apple went a full year w/out
> being able to supply our company with laptops, I can only hope they
> 'decide' to offer the Intel OSX on white-box computers. But, I'd be
> surprised if they did, as Jobs seems intent to provide both the
> hardware and software for all Apple products.

But then, like Microsoft, they would have to try to support every
shoddy piece of hardware that exists. There would be configuration
issues... drivers... incompatibilities...

> IMO, if they did offer an Intel OSX for *other* computers, they
> *might* be able to give MS (and esp. the much delayed and underpowered
> Longhorn) a run for their money.

I think that game has run. Microsoft won. Now Apple just needs to try
to capture maybe 10% of the market instead of 2.

Personally, I'd rather pay a higher price for the lack of headaches,
and the improved productivity.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.