dump newbie image questiosn

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jun 6 15:33:58 EDT 2005

This is an old function from an older version of the Help stack. I don't
know where to find it in the new documentation...

I believe Jeanne DeVoto wrote it.

function imageFileDimensions theFilePath
   lock screen -- so user doesn't see the following shenanigans
   lock error dialogs -- prevent error window if import fails
   import paint from file theFilePath -- creates a new image
   unlock error dialogs
   put the width of last image into myWidth
   put the height of last image into myHeight
   delete last image -- get rid of image we created
   unlock screen
   return myWidth,myHeight
end imageFileDimensions

on errorDialog -- executed if the import causes a script error
   beep
   answer "There was a problem accessing the file data."\
       & return & return & \
       "Picture files must be in one of the following formats:"
       & return & \
       "PNG, JPEG, GIF, PICT, BMP, XWD/XBM/XPM, or PBM/PGM/PPM."
end errorDialog