dump newbie image questiosn

John Ridge ridge11103 at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 6 08:44:57 EDT 2005

on 6/6/05 12:38 pm,  Alex Tweedly wrote :

snip

John,

I tried to do that, and ran into some problem.  I think this is maybe
one of the Win vs Mac menu problems (that people on here keep talking
about, but I have deliberately kept myself blissfully ignorant :-)  (I'm
on Win XP)

The image "Test" has its location locked, and runs from (0,0) to (1049,
740) - which completely overlaps and obscures the menubar. I had to
inspect image "Test", go to Size & Position, deselect "lockLoc" and move
it down a little before I could access the menu.

Nice demonstration of locked vs not locked !

Actually, I'm really glad I looked at this, because it gets certain
photos wrong, in just the same way as my viewer app did. I assumed it
was something stupid I was doing, but didn't pursue it. Now that I see
the same problem using someone else's stack, I'll look into it a bit
more and (hopefully) be able to generate a Bugzilla report for it.

I've been modifying the stack a bit, so I hope it is less unfriendly now! I
guess the version I uploaded happened to be showing a large window - never
thought of that snag...

Can you give it another whirl? It should get photos "right" if you use the
first "Open" option, with lockLocation set to false - it only gets them
wrong if you use the second Open, with lockLocation set to true.

This does seem to be the behaviour that the documentation describes. There
certainly are problems - why do I have to empty the image and reset the
image size between "Opens"? Beats me...