Help me please with Revolution

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Mon Jun 6 06:32:26 EDT 2005

There are several ways you could do this, but here is one suggestion.
I would check out the "clone" and "create" commands, and also the
property list for fields.

1) Create one copy of the two fields exactly as you want them, as a
template
2) "Group" the two fields, so that you can clone the whole group
whenever you need it
3) Script something like:

clone group "ValentinaLabelTemplate"
set the top of last group to XXX
put YYY into fld "name" of last group
put ZZZ into fld "value" of last group

Also worth checking out- the formattedWidth property will tell you how
wide a field must be to display it's contents.

HTH,
Brian