running rev cgi on Mac OS 8.6 Personal web server?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jun 5 19:51:59 EDT 2005

On 6/5/05 11:01 AM, Andre Garzia wrote:

 > Jacque,
 >
 > do you remember any MacOS Classic webserver that is able to run Rev
 > CGIs? I am trying to remember here but nothing comes to mind.... The
 > only thing I remember is that you can glue WebServer + Applescript
 > middleware + Revolution app.

Right, that is all I remember too. I worked with Apple's web server
software and HyperCard and Mac OS 7.5 to create an online database for a
school district many years ago. And yes, we needed to use AppleScript to
communicate between the server and HyperCard as a CGI. HyperCard then
formulated HTML pages and sent those back to the server.

Rev could work the same way, I imagine. I haven't written any server
implementations for OS 9 for many years though.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com