rev interferes with Mozilla ThunderBird

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jun 5 14:34:22 EDT 2005

Jon wrote:
> All hell broke loose last night.  When I got up, Norton Antivirus
> claimed it was unable to complete a scan because it ran out of
> resources, and recommended uninstalling and reinstalling.  And Mozilla
> Thunderbird suddenly claimed I had no email accounts and no saved
> messages. I rebooted.
>
> It took an hour or so to get the help I needed to restore ThunderBird (a
> preference file had been corrupted: the data was all there, just not
> properly connected).  And Norton seems to be scanning along just fine,
> hour after hour.
>
> ThunderBird is behaving strangely, though.  When I try to delete a
> message, it doesn't work most of the time.  If I kill Rev, TB works just
> fine.
>
> TB did not work this way yesterday, and Rev is the only new software
> I've been using for the past week, so I'm tempted to "blame" Rev for the
> current rash of problems.
>
> Does any of this sound familiar to any of you?

No.  I would instead check your disk.  If you're using OS X and youd
hard drive's free space has ever dropped below 15% of total capacity
you'll want to run Disk Utility while booted from your installation CD
to check it thoroughly.  Extra bonus points if you run Disk Warrior
first, as it's the only tool that can do a wide range of deep and
sometimes critical repairs (no, I don't work for them, just a fan).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation