Dreamcard Roadster in the future???

Marian Petrides mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 5 11:49:15 EDT 2005

All of this is likely true, but there are educational markets (higher
ed, adult distance learning, etc.) where the "panacea" of web based
course materials is still in vogue and where it might actually work.

Mind you, like everyone on this list (I suspect), I'm well aware of
the limitations of web delivery.  But the people above me who make
the decisions--the folks who are, frankly, only marginally computer
literate--still see it as a panacea. Some of them are "educable,"
i.e. can be convinced of the reasons why truly interactive apps are
better developed as standalone apps, but many may never see the light.