delete object problem

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Sun Jun 5 06:45:21 EDT 2005

Hi Bob,

 >> Is there a way for the end user to old down the delete key and then
click on
 >> a field or button within a group and have that object delete?

 >Not AFAIK, and it would be very strange for the user to do that...
better
 >yet might be a context menu that pops up when they right-click on the
object
 >that has 'delete' option.

Even though I agree with Ken that this would be "strange" behaviour it
is possible technically (assuming the lockText of the field is true).

in the card script:

on mouseDown
   if 65288 is in the keysDown then
   --65288 is the backspacekey on Mac.
   --try put the keysDown to find out the number of deletekey
     if "button" is in the name of the target \
         or "field" is in the name of the target then
       delete the target
       beep
     end if
   end if