delete object problem

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sun Jun 5 07:00:25 EDT 2005

You wrote:

> Hi Bob,
Good Morning Malte

> Even though I agree with Ken that this would be "strange" behaviour it is
> possible technically (assuming the lockText of the field is true).

Yes the locktext is true

> in the card script:
>
> on mouseDown
>    if 65288 is in the keysDown then
>    --65288 is the backspacekey on Mac.
>    --try put the keysDown to find out the number of deletekey
>      if "button" is in the name of the target \
>          or "field" is in the name of the target then
>        delete the target
>        beep
>      end if
>    end if
> end mouseDown

What I'm doing is making a database where the user has many fields. They can
move them and grab them and I would like them to be able to delete spurious
fields. I think this may hinder the user but italso may be a feature. :-)

I'll try your suggestion.

How do you find out the number of a key when pressed?

All the best
Bob