bug

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jun 4 14:55:00 EDT 2005

On 6/4/05 1:12 PM, Jon wrote:

> I've given up on saving scripts, and now only delete/kill the script
> editors.  That way I'm SURE to see the error messages.  Far too often I
> have "saved" a script and the save did not take, with no error window
> visible.

I have never seen this, ever.

To save/apply a script, either click the button at the bottom of the
editor, or hit the Enter key on the keyboard while your cursor is
somewhere in the script itself. To close the script editor window, hit
the Enter key a second time. You should get any relevant error messages
after the first "apply" (Enter key) is done.

If you mean you are clicking the close box on the editor window itself,
you can do that, and you should get any compile error messages that way
too. It is more standard to use either the Apply button or the Enter key
though (and quicker.)

Note that there are two kinds of errors in scripts. There are compile
errors, which the IDE will warn you about when you try to apply a
script, and there are also runtime errors, which will not be evident
until the script actually executes. Runtime errors can't be caught
during the compile process and you won't see warnings about those until
they actually happen.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com