more IDE annoyances

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Fri Jul 29 20:32:20 EDT 2005

I have no idea if these have been BZ'd yet or not, nor do I know if they
have been fixed.

I enter RR.  I open a stack.  I click on a stack in the App Browser.  I
then try to click on the Script icon, but it is greyed out.  So.  Bug
number 1: if I select something to edit, the Script button should not be
greyed out.

I then click on an arbitrary object in my stack, just to get the
frigging IDE off the dime.  Finally, the script button becomes active.
I then return to my beloved App Browser, click on the stack again, and
click the Script button. What gets edited? The arbitrary object in my
script!  Bug number two.

A few weeks ago people mentioned that a lot of bugs were getting fixed.
Any idea when some of these bug fixes will end up in the hands of the
paying customers?  I'm getting tired of all of this quirk.  It's stuff
like this (editing the wrong object) that may lead one of us to editing
the wrong object without knowing it, which may lead to arbitrary confusion.

:(

Jon