Revolution as a Prototyping Tool

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 29 13:24:55 EDT 2005

Pierre,

That is fine if you need to or want to do this. I wanted to give
something back to the community. This list has been of great help to
me.

Thank you all,

Tom

On Jul 29, 2005, at 12:04 PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

> Dear Thomas,
>
> Thanks for sharing this great "tutorial" with all of us !
>
> Action: Do you allow me to translate your work to the French dialect ?
> If yes, do you allow me to specify, as the credits of the input "©
> 2005 Thomas J McGrath III" (or any other legal © mention you prefer to
> see there, alike your company name)  at the bottom of the translation.
> If yes, do you allow me to insert this final french issue + your ©
> credits as a dedicated pages of my company site, something alike
> <http://www.sahores-conseil.com/revprotoway.html> ?
>
> In any way, thanks again. A great work and communication tool !
>
> Best Regards,
>

> Le 28 juil. 05 à 15:25, Thomas McGrath III a écrit :
>
>> Dear List Members,
>>
>> I wanted to share this document that I used when presenting
>> Revolution to my company/client for consideration in our prototyping
>> work. Since this list is growing daily, I thought there might be a
>> few people who would find it useful.
>>
>> Revolution as a Prototyping Tool
>>
>> •    Prototyping is a process of design and development used to help
>> model the specifications and requirements for a new application.
>> •    Once a prototype has been developed it can be quickly moved to
>> alpha or sometimes even beta without dedicating significant resources
>> and time.
>> •    The nature of the Revolution tool is that it is designed for
>> rapid development of a graphic/data interface by minimizing the need
>> to write complex machine level code, using instead English like
>> syntax, coding shortcuts and object (graphical) libraries and
>> outputting to any supported OS.
>> •    Using Revolution as a prototyping tool allows the developer to
>> quickly assemble an elegant prototype. Revolution incorporates the
>> use of genuine cross platform support without the need for device or
>> OS specific code compilation, and uses industry standard coding.
>>
>> Proof-of-Concept Development Challenge
>> Commercial realities dictate that there are several key elements to
>> consider when developing a software solution for a client. These are
>> even more pertinent at the prototyping stage of a project. Some of
>> these elements may not be considered as essential at the prototype
>> stage, but they facilitate the acceptance of the final application to
>> the client.
>>
>> •    Fit for Purpose
>> The prototype application should effectively demonstrate the client's
>> needs and requirements. How does one procure the satisfaction of
>> expectations without exhaustive research into the underlying issues?
>> This is possible by using a software prototyping tool, which allows a
>> concept to be modeled, rapidly aiding in the evaluation of a design.
>> •    Time restrictions
>> In an ideal world one would choose to slow the process down and run
>> it through deliberate design and development cycles. However,
>> available resources invariably dictate this process. The choice of
> [...]

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6

Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems