Workaround request - textcolor property in a field in a group

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Thu Jul 28 01:01:50 EDT 2005

At 6:11 PM -0500 7/27/2005, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>Jim Ault wrote:
>
>>--does not work on this field, but does on others
>>set the textcolor of word 2 of line 2 of fld AA of bg "betDisplayA" to green
>
>I just tried this. I get a failure with the above syntax, but
>success if I substitute "grp" for "bg". That is, this works:
>
>set the textcolor of word 2 of line 2 of fld AA of grp "betDisplayA"
>to "green"
>
>This may not work if you aren't on the right card currently, as
>"grp" isn't a valid reference if it isn't placed on the current card.

...although it should be noted that you can refer to a group on
another card if you specify the card, e.g. 'field "AA" of group "Foo"
of card "bar"'.

>Note the quotes around the color name. Even though they are
>constants, the MC docs say color names should always be in quotes,
>so that is my habit.

Actually, the color names aren't true constants (that is, they aren't
in the constantNames). They're literals; as with other one-word
literals, you can get away with not quoting them, but as you note
it's not good practice.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com