SE/USA RUG Meeting Report

Kat katherine.w.c at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:51:52 EDT 2005

Hi Revolutionaries,

Four of us had a very productive meeting in Atlanta last week to begin
organizing a regional Rev Users Group for the southeastern US.
Actually, five people attended, but one was with us virtually, as his
avatar in the SecondLife simulation (see http://secondlife.com).  One of
the ideas we agreed was worth exploring is the idea that to avoid travel
but still keep in touch we could all get SecondLife accounts and meet
there between quarterly Real Life meetings in Atlanta. An advantage of
meeting in the virtual world is that anyone anywhere could join us.
There's a 7-day free trial, and a basic membership is a one-time cost of
US$9.95.

If you're curious about everything we said and did, and would like to
see a picture from the meeting, please visit our wiki at
http://rugusa.linguistix.net/ and follow the links to the "Live Minutes"
in the "Atlanta Planning Meeting" page.

By the way, my avatar's name in SL is "Kat Lemieux". If you're in the
neighborhood, please say hi!  Since SL is a user-scriptable simulation,
it's really ideal for Revolutionaries, but there's a real danger that
getting involved in that game could seriously cut into the time you
spend writing Rev stacks. It's addictive!

Cheers,
Kat