Mac -> Win problems

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 26 18:28:30 EDT 2005

Phil Davis wrote:
> If your text (and the field) always had the exact same metrics
> throughout on both platforms, wouldn't that make your cover
> fields always work?

There's a font with identical metrics on multiple platforms?

I would have bet on finding the Holy Grail before finding a font foundry
that lives up to their claims. ;)

It may not be fair of me to put the blame on the foundry.  Each OS has
such different mechanisms for rendering text that the woeful differences
I've had to work around may well be just a by-product of the OSes rather
than the fonts.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal