Mac -> Win problems

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Jul 26 18:13:03 EDT 2005

Charles Hartman wrote:

> ? I'm not using (specifying) anything in the way of icons at all. I
> do set the background (fill) color of the card differently in
> different parts of the main stack to keep the user oriented, but that
> doesn't look like the problem -- the cursor disappears over the
> _whole_ face of the stack, background, text fields, and all.
>

>>> PROBLEM 1: On WinXP, the cursor disappears whenever I mouse
>>> onto a stack.
>>>
>> dont use colors icons!
>> wait a coming release (i think there's been enough beaching
>> aboutit...

There's another bug or two (BZ 2138 and another one I can't see right
now) that might be what you're seeing. These happen when you run a stack
on WinXP by double-clicking on the stack icon. I created BZ 2138 for
this problem with the Dreamcard Player - and since I wasn't sure if it
was intended to allow this or not, I had to mark that as an enhancement.
I'm sure I've seen another BZ entry for the same, or very similar,
problem with the full product - but can't immediately find it.

I now never run stacks by double clicking them because of this problem -
I either run them in the IDE, or build standalones.

But it wasn't clear whether you are double-clicking to run it or not, so
this may not be the answer you need.