OT: Where to put stuff [was: Creating Tutorial/Docs Critical Mass]

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jul 26 13:24:46 EDT 2005

Judy Perry wrote:

> Is what you are looking for the old MetaCard product?  If so, I think
> Marielle has a copy at her wiki and is working on it.
>
> Thanks for remininding me where to put it!

This reminds me of a completely off-topic family story.

When I was young, my mother and father were arguing about whether to
plant a tree in the back yard. She wanted one, he didn't -- it would be
messy, he'd have to rake leaves, it would kill the grass. They went at
it for weeks. Eventually she won out and the tree went in.

Years later, she told me the rest of the story: Irritated, she called a
nursery without his knowledge and ordered an elm, and arranged delivery
and a guy to plant it. Then she called my dad at the office, told him a
tree was going to be delivered, told him it was non-refundable, and she
wanted him to tell her where in the yard it should go.

"So," she said, oblivious and straight-faced, "he told me where to put it."

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com