ECMI

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jul 25 16:46:11 EDT 2005

Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richard-
>
> Monday, July 25, 2005, 12:26:14 PM, you wrote:
>
> RG> I agree wholeheartedly.  While we have no control over the requirements
> RG> Yahoo Groups has for file access, as I've written before we will have a
>
> That's interesting. In the past Yahoo allowed this control to the list
> owner. Has that changed?

I don't know.  I don't recall having seen anything different, but I've
only been managing groups at Yahoo for a few years, since the
acquisition from eGroups.  I don't recall what the eGroups options were.

These are the options Yahoo provides me:
   - Members (upload/modify/download files) <- current setting
   - Limited (members can download files;
      moderators can upload/modify/download files)
   - Moderators only (upload/modify/download files)
   - Off (no one can access the Files feature)

These appear to be the same for all of the Yahoo Groups I have admin
access for.

Which Yahoo Groups have you managed which allow another option?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal