Rant Re Rev Documentation

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Mon Jul 25 13:32:35 EDT 2005

But, Dan, consider the audience:

How many of those who really NEED the intro to the IDE booklet are going
to fork over $200 cash of their own money (plus transportation, plus
lodging: even for a California resident I think it ran me close to $1,000
for the whole kit'n'kaboodle) for a product that they are basically
EVALUATING?!

Of course, then there's the secondary consideration (probably m ore
primary for you) of it being needed versus it selling in great numbers.

Is it needed?  Yes.
Will people consent to an adoption model in which they are seemingly
nickled and dimed for necessary components?   Probably not.

:(

Judy