ANN: Update on Nine Ball

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sun Jul 24 13:45:51 EDT 2005

With the sound on I was hearing multiple collisions when a ball was
pocketed. ("Sound on" works well in OS X. Probably not in Windows.
Use the preferences to turn  the sound off.)

After much confusion, I discovered that balls that had been pocketed
(and set to a loc off screen) were undergoing collisions off screen.
Not good to have pocketed balls playing their own game off screen.

The update corrects this. (When a ball is pocketed the ball number is
put into a custom property. Subsequently, when a repeat loop comes
across this number, it does a "next repeat" thereby ignoring all
pocketed balls. Not only does this avoid off screen collisions, but
it is more efficient.)

New and improved at:

(Run this in the message box.)
go stack url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/NineBallWithSpin.rev"