Screen Postion???

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jul 21 13:37:43 EDT 2005

Hi Ban,

> Hello,
>
> I am creating an application which has one main stack and 5
> substacks. I
> lock the size and location using property inspector BUT when I view
> the
> application on different computers with different screen setting
> those 5
> substacks are displayed in different locations
>
> The problem is I don't know how to set the location for those 5
> substacks so they are displayed in the right position that I set so I
> don't have to worry about other users' computer screen setting.

Well, what is the question actually???
How to set the position of your stacks?

You can do so on "preopenstack" preferrably...

To center a stack in the middel of the (ANY) screen:

on preopenstack
   set the loc of this stack to the screenloc
end preopenstack

To open a stack somewhere else, you can compute the necessary and
available loc by yourself ;-)

"The loc" means "the center" of your stack!

Please remember to add about*** 30 pixel for the window title and
another
30 pixel for the Mac menubar, in case you are working on/for a mac...

***It is a bit less, but I idon't have the correct sizes at hand.

So to open a stack e.g. in the topleft corner of ANY windows! monitor
you can:

on preopenstack
   put round(the width of this stack/2) into new_xloc
   put round(the height of this stack/2 + 30) into new_yloc
   ## add some pixel, so the window title will not be hidden!
   set the loc of this stack to new_xloc,new_yloc
end preopenstack

You get the picture.

Hope that helps...

> Thank you