HTMLtext problem

Charles Silverman charlessilverman at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 20 20:54:38 EDT 2005

I need to get an accurate record of the text styles within a field
but htmlText doesn't seem to report everything.

If "This is a test" is entered into a field without any changes, I
get...

Font, size, style and color information is not reported.

It seems that I have to change the font, size, color and style of
some selected text within the field to something other than the
default settings to get the additional style information. For
example, once I've made these changes, the following now gets reported:

Is there a simpler way to get this to happen?

Thanks!
Charles