ftp problem

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 12:56:39 EDT 2005

On 20 Jul 2005, at 15:25, Brad Borch wrote:

> Thanks, I'll try your suggestion. I wasn't clear about the result;
> the seconds kept ticking, meaning the repeat look kept looping,
> even though the bytes uploaded were equal to the bytes to be uploaded.

That makes sense, and was kind of what I got here when I tested your
script, except mine stuck at the "contacted" stage, but with time
also ticking over.

Here's another solution which is closer to your original script, so
you may feel more comfortable with it:

    libURLftpUpload compress(fData), myURLstring

   repeat until URLStatus(myURLstring) is in "uploaded,error,timeout"
      put URLStatus(myURLstring) && the long time
     wait for messages
   end repeat

The "wait for messages" line will allow background scripts to run.

Cheers
Dave