Revolution unbooted

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Jul 19 01:58:15 EDT 2005

Mark,

No offense meant but in 5 years of NT server maintenance,
i've never heard such non-sense.

we run servers for 5-6 months non-stop and except for service packs
or security fixes, there is absolutely no need to reboot them EVER.

3 times??? woah! I wonder who gave you that idea... ;)

Now, these are dedicated servers - my home computer is another mess
and we're talking lots of stuff running... But i never reboot unless
i really need to.

Micheal Swaine is a Mac bigot and i've never seen a response from him
or a non-biased article from him.

Believe me, 1 reboot is sufficient - windows does its cleanups before
boot and after installations (if the installer does).

Have you seen a difference between 1, dos or 3 reboots?
I haven't in 5 years ;) - This is not MacOS (where sometimes 2 reboots
were better than 1 under some "extension" conditions.)

Im sure you'll find the right information at technet.microsoft.com.

cheers
Xavier

MacOS, NT System engineer by trade