Look and Feel, Metal texture -- Windows questions

Xplex at aol.com Xplex at aol.com
Mon Jul 18 19:41:46 EDT 2005

Hello!

I'm using Dreamcard in Windows XP, and have been trying the various  options
under "Look and Feel" in the "View" menu. I'm not sure what some of  the
options are supposed to look like, but I'm not really seeing much  difference after
choosing "Mac OS Platinum Emulated."

Am I not understanding what this menu option is supposed to do? Is it
supposed to cause my project to take on a Mac-like appearance, so I can make  sure
my cross-platform visual design bases are covered? The only difference I  see
is a slight 3D-ing of the edges of some of the controls. Does this sound
right? Shouldn't it be a much more drastic difference?

I'm also not clear on what the "Metal texture" checkbox in the stack
inspector is supposed to be doing -- it just flashes the project's window,  but
doesn't seem to change anything, that I can see. What effect is it supposed  to
have?

I've just started with Dreamcard for Windows, after having used  HyperCard
extensively many years ago, so many apologies if this is a dumb  newbie
question! :-)

Thanks!

CJ