XML in cgi

David Brooks dbrooks at unlserve.unl.edu
Thu Jul 14 14:33:34 EDT 2005

I'm using Revolution to handle cgi scripts under Apache. Works well
with text files.

I'm encountering trouble when trying to use XML commands/functions.
Because revCreateXMLTreeFromFile was added in Ver. 2, I'm assuming it
is a part of the currently available Darwin engine (used for cgi). This
function does not seem to be working in cgi (see examples).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Dave B.

Works:
#!revolution

on startup
   put ("Content-Type: text/plain" & cr & cr) into xxx
   put "Hello World!" after xxx
   put "/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/CHEM869J-Dave_Brooks.xml"
into studentFilePath
   put URL("file:"&studentFilePath) into rrr
   put rrr after xxx
   put xxx
end startup
Fails:

#!revolution

on startup
   put ("Content-Type: text/plain" & cr & cr) into xxx
   put "Hello World!" after xxx
   put "/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/CHEM869J-Dave_Brooks.xml"
into studentFilePath
   put revCreateXMLTreeFromFile(studentFilePath,true,true,false) into
studentRecordXML_ID
   put xxx
end startup