Text Hyperlink

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 13:15:28 EDT 2005

Hi Douglas

You need to set the linkText property for the chunk and  set its textstyle to
'link'. The easiest way to do this is to build a little  utility button,
something like...

on mouseUp
if the  selectedText is empty then exit mouseUp
set the linkText of the  selectedChunk to "test1"
set the textstyle of the selectedChunk to  "link"
end mouseUp

and in the scrolling field...

on linkClicked  tLink
answer tLink # or whatever you want to occur
end  linkClicked

The selected text will be displayed as a link (normally blue and  underlined,
although you can change the linkColor, visitedColor and hilitedColor  as well
as set the underlinelinks of the stack to true/false as well).

HTH

/H

---
How can I select a word in a scrolling text field and assign  it
actions? I have been placing transparent buttons over text  in
non-scrolling fields- works great but won't work for scrolling  fields.
Searched the documentation and Dan's book but no answers.  Tried
selecting the text and using link (hoping for a hyperlink) but  that
looks like it is more for grouping text.

I know this is a simple  question (as all questions are when you know
the answer) but being a newbe  who authored in HyperStudio for years, I
can't figure it out.

I do  appreciate all the advice I have received in previous posts.
Doug  Gilliland
---