debugger anomaly updated

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 13 22:23:25 EDT 2005

On 7/13/05 5:47 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> But perhaps simpler for this case might be to just strip all the cRev
> custom properties. Chipp has a tool for that, and those are the only
> places where flags could be stored which would affect debugging behavior
> (other than in the IDE itself, of course, but then that's a project for
> RunRev rather than us <g>).

In this particular case, I think the problem is due to an incorrect HC
import. The stack file structure on disk isn't right; the contents of
the stack (properties, data, etc) aren't the problem. I've seen this
occasionally with very old HC stacks. Apple changed the file format
between HC 1.0 and 2.0. Stacks that were converted from 1.0 to 2.0 may
have junk bits in the file that HC could deal with, but Rev can't.

I have seen this kind of badly formed HC import only two or three times.
It is pretty rare and usually Rev does a good job with the import. But
when nutty things like this debugging weirdness show up, I suspect the
stack structure. So far these cases have been HC stacks that have been
through any number of HC versions and then imported into Rev.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com