slide show questions???

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jul 13 05:09:22 EDT 2005

Hi Ban,

> You might try something like the following you will put in your
> stack's script:
>
> on openCard
>    if the number of this cd = the number of cds then exit to top
>    -- slide show is finished
>    send NextSlide to me in 2 seconds
> end openCard
> -----
> on NextSlide
>    visual effect dissolve -- [very] slow, [very] fast, etc.
>    go next cd
> end NextSlide

> Thanks for your help
>
> I tried this and it work fine but it pops up on top of other card and
> play
> I have 1 main stack: Home
> And 3 substacks: gallery, about, and partner
>
> Stack gallery has 4 cards: pic1, pic2, pic3, pic4
> I put the above script into gallery's stack
>
> On the home stack I have 4 buttons : Home, gallery, about, partner.  I
> put this code "go stack ....." into each button
>
> For some reason after clicking on gallery (see it fine with the slide
> show) but after I clicked on the next button (example button about
> to go
> to about page) the gallery pops up on top of it.  Don't know why......
>
> Please help thank you very much

i think that you did not tell the slide show to STOP!
That's why the stack will pop up forever every 2 seconds, if closed ;-)

You need to add these two lines somewhere in your scripts to
actually stop the slide:

global the_advancing
cancel the_advancing ##!!!
go stack "whatsoever..."

This will really cancel the slide and you can start it again if you
need...

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de