Why I won't buy an A9Home . . . On Topic!

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Fri Jul 8 12:24:28 EDT 2005

As my first PC (as in Personal Computer - rather than
clunking along on some terminal with somebody else's
paw-prints all over it) was a BBC Master I have long longed
for a RISC OS machine. The A9Home (at last) seems just the
'thing'
(http://www.advantagesix.co.uk/products/A9home.html)
smaller than the MacMini, featuring an OS in Flash-ROM (no
viruses, nothing), and so eccentric one can really look odd
owning one (maybe I should not have written that last bit).

Of course, RISC OS is used in so many embedded systems that
the ability to write stuff for it is really useful.

I will not buy an A9Home because, so far, there is no
version of MC/RR for RISC OS. Considering that quite a few
RISC OS machines are used in the UK (as well as elsewhere)
in educational environments, it seems a shame there is
neither MC/RR for RISC OS, or, at least, an engine that
allows users of MC/RR on Linux/Win/Mac to produce RISC OS
compatible standalones.

Sincerely, Richmond
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html