documentation mini-bug

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sat Jul 9 11:06:54 EDT 2005

On 9 Jul 2005, at 14:27, Jon wrote:

> Mark:
>
> First off, I know that the Rev folks monitor this list.  My point was
> that if they read about a bug, they need not simply ignore the report.

But remember that the lists purpose is not for communicating with
RunRev. Don't be surprised that it is not good for that purpose. And
since it is certain that the vast majority of readers of the list do
not work for RunRev, we must all choose our tone to reflect that.
Obviously, it is pointless (and rude) to adopt a complaining or
sarcastic tone with the list.

> Secondly, if I am told about a bug, it is fixed, without
> prioritization: I just don't have that many bugs in released products.

I don't know, of course, but might it be that you are not currently
developing anything quite as large and complex as a multi-platform,
general purpose programming language and IDE?

> Finally, I do have bug tracking software, but it is internal, not
> external.
>
> Perhaps you are a real developer and I am not.  I couldn't say.
>
> :)
>
> Jon

Cheers,

Mark Smith