change font size

rev at armbase.com rev at armbase.com
Thu Jul 7 14:03:38 EDT 2005

Quoting rev at armbase.com:

> Hi All

well just as I got it typed I came up with an idea.

I used this script.

> on mouseUp
>   global tFileName
>   set the text of field LabelName of stack tFileName to field LabelNewName of
> stack "Armbase"
>   set the name of field LabelName of stack tFileName to field LabelNewName of
> stack "Armbase"
>   set the textsize of field LabelName of stack tFileName to field
> LabelNewTextsize of stack "Armbase"
>   --the above is OK and copies the label and changes its name to the contents
> of
> a field  but the resize doesn't work
> end mouseUp

New script

on mouseUp
  global tFileName
  set the textsize of field LabelName of stack "Armbase" to field
LabelNewTextsize of stack "Armbase"
  copy field "LabelName" of stack "Armbase" to card 1 of stack tFileName
  set the text of field LabelName of stack tFileName to field LabelNewName of
stack "Armbase"
  set the name of field LabelName of stack tFileName to field LabelNewName of
stack "Armbase"
  --set the textsize of field LabelName of stack tFileName to field
LabelNewTextsize of stack "Armbase"
  --the above is OK and copies the label and changes its name to the contents of
a field  but the resize doesn't work
end mouseUp

Now the problem with this is that the label is huge in the original stack.

Any ideas about a cleaner workaround? I suppose I could create a prefernces
stack for text etc.

All the best
Bob