Embedded objects in fields

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Tue Jul 5 22:53:34 EDT 2005

Oh yes, I'm doing that all over the place for cross-references (from
one card to another in a Reference substack). The buttons in question
are navigation on a different level -- connections to further
information on some detail of the topic a card addresses.

> Sorry to jump in so late in this thread, but I too have been
> overwhelmed by the traffic on this list, and only get the list in
> digest mode. In any case, back to what ignited this discussion, it
> seems like what you are looking for is the ability to navigate from
> within a field. Did you look into creating hyperlinks with text
> within the field? Set the textstyle of a chunk of text within the
> field to link, set the linktext to the card/stack destination, and
> write a script to navigate to the linktext of the text. Check out
> the linkText property and the linkClicked message in the documents.
>
> BTW, glad to see another Rev user from Connecticut!
>
> Dan

Charles Hartman
Professor of English, Poet in Residence
Connecticut College