Where are my sub-menus?

Jon jbondy at sover.net
Mon Jul 4 14:44:47 EDT 2005

/curmudgeon_mode=on

I'd rate this kind of undocumented, uncontrollable, and quirky "feature"
as exactly the kind of thing to avoid.  I understand that the intent is
good, but the result is clearly confusion.  How about a preference to
control this behavior, and some documentation?  It reminds me of the
recent Windows (XP?) feature where menu entries disappear if you don't
use them enough.  I disable this on every system I encounter.

/curmudgeon_mode=off

:)

Jon