Credit card processing.. more info

wow at together.net wow at together.net
Sat Jan 22 13:42:29 EST 2005

We've received a bit more information on this issue of processing a credit
card transaction from within a Rev app, and I'm hoping someone here can
help interpret it. Please shed any light you can. This response comes from
the folks at e-Onlinedata / Authorize.net. Thanks. Richard

--------------------------------

Richard,

Take a look at our documentation page
(http://www.authorizenet.com/support/guides.php).  I just want to make sure
you are looking at the Card Present (CP) Implementation Guide PDF and not
the AIM guide (which is ecommerce).  It tells you in that document that the
URL you POST to is https://cardpresent.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll.
The data does not need to be encrypted because you are emulating the HTML
form POST using SSL.  SSL takes care of the encryption and decryption.  You
will be using our digital certificate, so you will not need one for each
kiosk.

The request string looks just like what you would see for a GET method on
an HTML form.  Here is some sample code in VBScript.  It won't apply to you
but you will get the idea of how to put it together.  You will want to use
a device type of 5 and a market type of 2.

                ' build the request string
                vPostData = _
                    "x_cpversion=1.0" & _
                    "&x_login=" & Server.URLEncode( x_login ) & _
                    "&x_tran_key=" & Server.URLEncode( x_tran_key ) & _
                    "&x_market_type=" & x_market_type & _
                    "&x_device_type=" & x_device_type & _
                    "&x_amount=" & x_amount & _
                    "&x_description=" & Server.URLEncode( merchant_name ) &
_
                    "&x_response_format=1" & _
                    "&x_delim_char=" & x_delim_char & _
                    "&x_test_request=" & x_test_request
                Select Case validation_method
                    Case 2 vPostData = vPostData & "&x_track2=" &
Server.URLEncode( x_track2 )
                    Case 3 vPostData = vPostData & "&x_card_num=" &
x_card_num & "&x_exp_date=" & x_exp_date
                    Case Else vPostData = vPostData & "&x_track1=" &
Server.URLEncode( x_track1 )
                End Select

                ' Send data via HTTPS POST to Authorize.net
                set objHttp =
Server.CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")
                objHttp.open "POST", auth_net_url, False
                objHttp.SetRequestHeader "Content-Type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
                objHttp.send (vPostData)

                If( objHttp.Status = "200" ) Then
                    ' we communicated with web server successfully so now
process the response
                    vResponseText = objHttp.responseText

                    ' Tokenize response . Separator is x_delim_char
                    vFieldArray = Split( vResponseText, x_delim_char, -1, 1
)
                    vNumFields = Ubound(vFieldArray)

Let me know if I you get stuck again.

Thanks,
Keith

Keith Bailey  |  Manager, Integration Services

Authorize.Net  |  a Service of Lightbridge
915 South 500 East  |  Suite 200  |  American Fork  |  UT  |   84003
Telephone  801.492.6483  |  Fax  801.492.6500  |

kbailey at authorize.net  |  www.authorize.net  |  www.lightbridge.com