Disappearing image?

Marty Billingsley marty at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Sun Jan 23 12:18:39 EST 2005

> "Ben Fisher" <boinjyboing at hotmail.com>
> Recently I have come across a disturbing error while creating a game in Rev. I have imported a few graphics as controls (not referenced). The weird part is that when I change the name of the graphic and close the properties box, the image *disappears*. The control still exists, but all of its imagedata is transparent.

Yes!  This happens occasionally (maybe 10% of the time) with my students.
It's baffling to them -- they think they've done something wrong -- and
extremely irritating.  For beginners to have to differentiate between their
own bugs and software bugs is difficult!

The only fix I can see is to delete the image and re-import it.

We're using 2.5 on OS X.  If anyone can figure out why this happens and how to
prevent it, I'd be very grateful.

  - marty

--
Marty Billingsley
The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools